When it comes to enhancing your home, the choice between Champion Windows vs Renewal by Andersen can be pivotal.
Windows are not just about letting light in or keeping the cold out; they’re a crucial element in defining the comfort, energy efficiency, and aesthetic of your living space.
Champion Windows, with its rich history since 1953, and Renewal by Andersen, established in 1903, both stand as titans in the window industry.
Each offers distinct advantages, from Champion’s durable and customizable options to Renewal by Andersen’s commitment to customer service and eco-friendly materials.
This comparison will guide you through making an informed choice for your home’s window needs.
|Renewal by Andersen®
|Replacement windows, sunrooms, vinyl sidings, doors
|Replacement windows, doors (residential and commercial)
|Durable, customizable, strong reputation
|Stellar customer service, reliable, considered overpriced by some
|Specialty windows for unique sizes and shapes
|Replacement windows with Fibrex material
|Energy efficient, durable, varied, aesthetic, good value
|Durable, energy efficient, flexible, aesthetic, low maintenance
|12-point fusion-welded frames, insulated glass, Comfort 365
|Fibrex frames, weathertight, resistant to mold/decay/rot
|Comfort 365 Glass, Low-E technology, EnergyStar certified
|Fibrex insulation, Low-E4 glass, ENERGY STAR certified
|9 styles, 7 colors, 3 TimberBond finishes, 5 grid patterns
|7 styles, 9 colors, various grille styles
|All products are custom manufactured
|All windows manufactured internally, no other brands offered
|Custom manufactured windows, vinyl siding, doors, sunrooms
|Specializes in window and patio door replacement
|Exclusively uses Fibrex
|$425 – $2,100, moderate pricing, financing options
|$1,000 – $1,500, higher pricing, includes installation
|Limited Lifetime for five years, covers various aspects
|Lifetime (WA state), 20-year on glass/Fibrex, 10-year on hardware
Champion Windows at a Glance
Delving into the world of Champion Windows reveals a legacy of quality and innovation in home improvement since 1953.
The Story of Champion Windows Since 1953
Champion Windows has been a household name in the window industry for over six decades. Founded in 1953, this company has built a reputation on the pillars of quality, durability, and customer satisfaction.
Over the years, Champion has expanded its expertise beyond just windows, now offering a wide array of home exterior solutions.
What Champion Windows Offers: Products and Features
Champion’s product line is extensive and diverse, catering to various homeowner needs and preferences.
Their range includes:
- Replacement Windows: Known for their energy efficiency and aesthetic appeal.
- Sunrooms: Perfect for enjoying the outdoors while being protected from the elements.
- Vinyl Sidings: Durable and low maintenance, enhancing the exterior look of homes.
- Doors: Including entry doors and patio doors, designed for security and style.
Each product is tailored to meet the specific requirements of different homes and climates, ensuring that every customer finds exactly what they need.
Champion Windows: Renowned for Durability and Customization
What sets Champion apart is their commitment to durability and customization. Their windows are not just fixtures; they are investments in the home’s future.
- Durability: Champion’s windows feature 12-point fusion-welded frames, offering unparalleled strength and longevity. Combined with insulated and argon-enhanced double-pane glass, these windows stand the test of time.
- Customization: Understanding that every home is unique, Champion offers windows designed for specific sizes and shapes, catering to unconventional openings or personalized design needs.
Champion’s approach to window manufacturing ensures that each customer receives a product that is not only built to last but also complements the aesthetic and functional needs of their home.
It’s this dedication to quality and customization that has cemented Champion Windows as a reliable choice for homeowners across the nation.
Discovering Renewal by Andersen
Renewal by Andersen offers a blend of tradition and innovation in window solutions since 1903.
Renewal by Andersen’s Rich History
Tracing its origins back to 1903, Renewal by Andersen has a storied history that speaks to its enduring commitment to quality.
As a subsidiary of Andersen Corporation, a well-respected name in the window and door industry, Renewal by Andersen was born out of a desire to offer specialized, high-quality replacement windows and doors.
Over the years, the brand has become synonymous with trust, reliability, and unparalleled craftsmanship.
Exploring Renewal by Andersen’s Diverse Products
Renewal by Andersen’s product line is both diverse and innovative, designed to meet a wide range of customer needs.
Their offerings include:
- Replacement Windows: Tailored for both residential and commercial properties, these windows are known for their energy efficiency and aesthetic appeal.
- Doors: A selection that includes both stylish and durable options for patio and entryway needs.
One of the hallmark features of Renewal by Andersen’s products is their use of Fibrex material, an exclusive composite that offers the strength and insulation of wood with the low maintenance of vinyl.
Why Customers Appreciate Renewal by Andersen
Customer appreciation for Renewal by Andersen stems from several key aspects:
- Stellar Customer Service: Known for their exceptional customer service, Renewal by Andersen ensures a seamless and satisfactory experience from consultation to installation.
- High-Quality Products: Their commitment to using high-quality materials like Fibrex contributes to the longevity and performance of their products.
- Environmental Responsibility: Fibrex is not only durable but also environmentally friendly, appealing to eco-conscious customers.
While some may find their products to be on the pricier side, the combination of exemplary service, product quality, and environmental commitment justifies the investment for many homeowners.
Renewal by Andersen continues to uphold its legacy by delivering products and services that resonate with customer values and home improvement needs.
In this section, we’ll compare Champion Windows vs Renewal by Andersen, focusing on their features, durability, and customization options.
Champion vs Renewal: Who Wins on Features?
When it comes to features, both Champion Windows and Renewal by Andersen stand out, but in different ways:
- Energy Efficiency: Both brands offer energy-efficient windows. Champion’s Comfort 365 Window® Glass and Renewal by Andersen’s High-Performance™ Low-E4® glass are designed to keep homes comfortable year-round.
- Aesthetic Appeal: Champion provides a variety of products with aesthetic appeal, while Renewal by Andersen is known for its strong, aesthetically pleasing frames.
- Maintenance: Renewal by Andersen scores points for its low-maintenance offerings, thanks to its unique Fibrex material.
Durability and Materials: A Detailed Look
Durability is a key consideration for window buyers:
- Champion Windows: They use 12-point fusion-welded frames and insulated glass enhanced with argon, making them highly durable. Their TIMBERBOND® technology ensures a long-lasting finish.
- Renewal by Andersen®: Their windows are made from Fibrex® composite material, known for being weathertight, temperature-resistant, and resistant to mold, decay, or rot.
Style and Customization: Comparing Your Options
Customization and style vary significantly between the two brands:
- Champion Windows:
- Offers 9 window styles, 7 exterior colors, and 5 grid pattern styles.
- Their 3 TimberBond® interior wood grain finishes add a personalized touch.
- Renewal by Andersen®:
- Provides 7 window styles, with a wider range of 9 interior colors.
- They offer unique grille styles like Farmhouse, Colonial, and Prairie.
In summary, Champion Windows shines with its variety and customization options, especially for unusual openings or specific shapes and sizes.
Renewal by Andersen, on the other hand, focuses on providing strong, durable frames with an emphasis on environmentally friendly materials, giving them an edge in sustainability and innovation.
Deciding the Better Choice
Choosing between Champion Windows vs Renewal by Andersen hinges on understanding their cost, warranty, and how they meet your specific needs.
Comparing Costs: Affordability and Value
Cost is a major factor for most homeowners:
- Champion Windows:
- Average Cost: Ranges from $425 to $2,100, including installation.
- Positioning: Known for being more affordable, offering moderate prices and financing options.
- Renewal by Andersen®:
- Average Cost: Typically between $1,000 to $1,500, inclusive of installation.
- Pricing Reputation: Viewed as more expensive, attributed to their unique materials and comprehensive service.
While Champion Windows is positioned as a more budget-friendly option, Renewal by Andersen’s pricing reflects its use of high-quality, unique materials and inclusive services.
Warranty and Services: Who Offers More?
The warranty and services offered can be decisive:
- Champion Windows:
- Offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty for five years.
- Covers installation, materials, labor, and repairs.
- Renewal by Andersen®:
- Lifetime warranty in Washington state.
- A 20-year warranty on glass and Fibrex material; 10 years on hardware; 2 years on installation.
Renewal by Andersen provides a more extensive warranty, especially with its 20-year coverage on glass and Fibrex material.
Your Needs, Their Offerings: Making the Right Choice
Making the right choice depends on individual needs:
- Customization: If you seek customization for unique window shapes and sizes, Champion Windows might be your go-to.
- Sustainability and Material Quality: For those prioritizing environmentally friendly materials and innovative design, Renewal by Andersen stands out.
- Budget Considerations: Champion Windows offers a more affordable range with diverse options, suitable for those on a tighter budget.
- Warranty and Service: If a longer warranty period and comprehensive services are important, Renewal by Andersen has the edge.
In conclusion, while Champion Windows offers affordability and customization, Renewal by Andersen excels in material quality and warranty.
Your choice should align with your specific needs, be it budget constraints, material preferences, or the scope of services and warranty coverage.
In wrapping up the Champion Windows vs Renewal by Andersen debate, it’s clear that both brands have their unique strengths.
Champion Windows excels in affordability and customization, while Renewal by Andersen stands out for its material quality and extensive warranty.
Remember, the right choice ultimately depends on your individual needs and preferences. We’d love to hear your thoughts and experiences with these brands.
Have you had experiences with either Champion Windows or Renewal by Andersen?
What factors influenced your decision?
Share your insights in the comments to help others make an informed choice.
Table of Contents