Once you decide to live with furry friends while you are also installing a carpet, one thing that is risky enough is about how to deal with their stains on the carpet. You will never be able to imagine the way of cleaning pet stains from a carpet without a single tip.
Urine, poop and even vomit are the most common accident leaving stain on the carpet, requiring you carry out an intensive cleaning action.
In fact, these kinds of stain are sometimes invisible and getting dry so that they will be more difficult to clean.
When it really comes to clean the pet stains, it is much recommended that you avoid using any chemical cleaners with strong smell.
Those cleaner will not remove the pet’s stains odor out of the carpet. It will just cause the pets feel invited to mark the spot again.
As a solution, there are some homemade cleaning products to tackle the stains of the pets.
So let’s have a look at the following tips to help you get rid of the odor of the pet stains as well as completely remove the stains.
Sudden Action For Pet Stains
Once you notice there is a pet stain on your carpet, the first prior way of cleaning pet stains from a carpet you can do is to perform the sudden action.
In this case, the stain must be visible so you can recognize the affected area where the pet accidents occur.
If you notice that the affected area is still wet, you must immediately soak it up. If you can get up the liquid of stain before it is getting dry, it will be easier for you to clean the carpet.
Here are the tips to consider:
- If the stains are the pieces of vomits or feces, you can use a plastic bag to pick the stains up from the carpet. Do this carefully to avoid anything that is possibly embedding into the fibers. if the stains are vomits, do this step fast because the acid contained in the vomits can cause the carpet to discolor the carpet fiber fast.
- Take a paper towel and drop it onto the affected area. Blot the carpet firmly. In this case, you can use rags for cleaning the pet stains in this step. Later, sanitize them by washing.
- The next step is to remove the paper towel and let the affected area to fresh. Once more, do the press firmly. This step can be repeated until a dry paper towel no longer pick up the moisture.
- After that, you can definitely place a final layer of paper towel on the stains and apply the heavy foot pressure for one minute. Performing this step requires you to wear shoes, remember!
- Remove the paper towels completely and apply the cleaning solution to remove the stain and odor.
Cleaning Pet Stains From a Carpet with Vinegar Solution
The next tip you can try as the best way of cleaning pet stains from a carpet is using vinegar.
Did you know what substances contained in the pet stain cleaner?
Basically, there are 50% white vinegar and 50% water used in the pet stain cleaner. In this tip, the vinegar is functioning to neutralize the stain and lessen and even eliminating odor of the pet stain.
How will you use the vinegar?
Follow these simple steps below:
- Mix the vinegar with water in a clean and empty spray bottle.
- Apply the mixture liberally to the affected area especially the stain and soak down into the carpet and the padding. If the stain affects an area rug over a wood floor, make sure the rug is lifted to prevent the floors from getting wet and finally get damaged.
- Clean the carpet fibers using a soft-bristle brush.
- Use a clean cloth or paper towel to dry the affected area. In this case, let the area rug to completely dry before you lay it on a wood floor.
Hydrogen Peroxide and Baking Soda
If using vinegar cannot completely clean the pet stain due to the fact that you can only clean a part of it, the use of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda is also best considered effective.
The combination of these two substance will not only break down the stain but also kill the bacteria and absorb odors.
This process can be carried out on the small discrete part of the carpet to ensure that it will not case discoloration to the carpet fibers.
In this case, there are six steps of cleaning pet stains from a carpet using the combination of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda.
- Pour a handful of baking soda on the affected stain area and make sure it covers all the affected area on the carpet fibers.
- Combine ½ cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide with 2 cups of water in a clean and empty spray bottle. For extra cleaning power, you can actually add a teaspoon of plain dishwashing detergent into the mixture.
- Spray the mixture over the baking soda to saturate the affected area well. Don’t forget to lift the rug or caret if it covers a wood floor. This is aimed to prevent a damage to the wood due to the wetness.
- Perform this cleaning step into the carpet by a soft-bristled brush.
- Leave the mixture to dry for an hour or a couple of hour.
- If you see the mixture is dry, you will see only the dried baking soda on the carpet. Vacuum it.
Wet Vac Carpet Cleaner for Cleaning Pet Stains From a Carpet
Is it possible to use a wet vac carpet cleaner to free up the carpet from the pet stains?
A wet vac is a machine that will flushes a carpet using clean water.
Then, it will vacuum the resultant dirty water simply. This machine works on the duty forcefully to get the best result.
In fact, it is a very useful pet stains machine than is able to clean deeply into the carpet fibers and pick up any residual particles.
This machine is also available to rent in the local hardware store. Home improvement center also makes this machine ready for renting.
Just make sure you follow the instruction well and carefully in using the wet vac model.
Warning Cleaning Pet Stains From a Carpet
In fact, cleaning pet stains from a carpet is either easy or risky.
That’s why, we would like to give you warning dealing with the way you are preforming pet stains cleaning actions.
In this case, you must avoid using a steam cleaner when it comes to deal with the pet stains and odors.
This is because the heat from the cleaning process will just make the stain permanently stay on the carpet.
Behavioral Techniques to Prevent Future Stains
What is meant by behavioral technique to prevent the future stains?
Well, once you are successfully remove the pet stains from the carpet, you must keep the condition that there will not be any stain occurs on the carpet anymore.
Therefore, we would like to share you the way to prevent such occurrence.
Here are some behavioral techniques you can apply to help you prevent the future stains on your carpet.
- Place some paper towels over a certain area where the pets are usually urinate. This will lead your pets to make a spot again on the paper towel due to the strength smell. This is aimed to prevent the pet to make a spot on your carpet.
- Use the positive reinforcement extensively through the verbal praise or treats. Do this patiently to ingrain the good behavior of the pets. In this case, some certain animals need a longer time to understand the training,
- If your pets cause an accident, don’t give them a punishment. Instead, you can try to interrupt when they are making spots and move them to an appropriate area to relieve. Later, you can praise them for going to the right spot.
Some Recommended Cleaning Pet Stains From a Carpet
To help you deal with the way of cleaning pet stains from a carpet completely including the odors, too, here we come with some recommended pet stains cleaner you can consider purchasing and using.
The pet stains cleaner products we are going to share are all best describe to have the best formula available at Amazon or Lowes.
Now let’s check them out below so that you can choose which product to buy as soon as possible.
Folex Instant Carpet Spot Remover
For the best and multipurpose usage, Folex instant carpet spot remover can be the great option to take into account.
This product comes as a spry solution to tackle not only the pets stains but also the wine, pen, cosmetic, dirt and grime.
Folex instant carpet spot remover has been widely used for more than 40 years, meaning that it is a good product to trust ever.
Luckily, it is formulated not only for removing pet stains but also for solving laundry stains, water stains, and many more.
Hoover Platinum Collection Instant Stain Remover
Hoover platinum collection instant stain remover is basically formulated for wall-to-wall carpet. It is definitely safe to use on carpet, rugs and upholstery.
It can even remove the toughest stains effectively, ranging from the pet stains, red wine, chocolate, cosmetics, grease and many more.
It is not like the other strong carpet cleaner that may cause a damage due to the strong chemical substance.
Instead, this kind of cleaner will never damage the surface of the wall-to-wall carpet at your home.
Believe it or not, Hoover has been approved by the Carpet & Rug Institute for its extra-strength, professional, easy to use, fast acting and affordable features.
Even the real customers express that this product do come with the most effectiveness to clean the pet stains and other stains from the carpet.
Resolve Spot+Stain Remover
Truly, cleaning pet stains from a carpet must also look over the budget that a person has.
In this case, if you don’t have enough budget to buy the desired pet stains cleaner with the expensive price, no worry!
Here is Resolve Spot&Stain remover that is produced as the product with the best budget.
This kind of pets stains cleaner works on removing the pet stains deeply and safely. It does a very great job of attacking the stains right when they just occur on the carpet.
So dint hesitate to purchase it if it meets your requirements and fits your limited budget.
The Spruce Stain and Odor Remover in Fresh
For the best pet stains, here is The Spruce Stain and Odor Remover comes to target the hard-to-clean pet stains such as urine, vomits and faces. This remover contains enzymes to break down the pets odor.
Along with the Fresh scent which is combined from nerolu, orchid and apple, you can have your carpet back in a good and clean condition in just a few minutes and more.
To use this remover, just spray the stains liberally and leave it for up to 15 minutes depending on the stains. Later, scrub the applied area using a clean cloth. As simple as that.
Bissel Woolite Advanced Pet Stain and Odor Remover
The last but not least pet stains cleaner product to consider using is Bissel Woolite Advanced Pet Satin and Odor Remover.
This product is mainly formulated to remove the pet stains and odor. It can also sanitizes 99.9 % of the stain. Thus, this product is also good to kill any bacteria caused by the pets stains.
In short, cleaning pet stains from a carpet requires not only your actions but also a help of some pet stains cleaner products to help you easily remove the stains.
One important thing to keep in mind is that you must avoid using cleaners that are not recommended.
Thus, if you think you need a help of a pet stains cleaner products, make sure you consider the recommended options like we have just shared.