If you are the type of person who cares about the sustainability of nature, carries out the campaign, or even in buying products, you always pay attention to this, West Elm might be the product for you. Wait no more, look at the following West Elm furniture reviews to make you more confident with this choice.
West Elm is still under the same production house as Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma Inc. It was founded in 2002, and West Elm has become an increasingly popular brand. Its stores spread through North America and world wide.
Product and Price Range
West Elm manufacturers produce many variants of furniture. Namely living room, dining & kitchen, bedroom, office home furniture. West Elm also makes furniture for outdoor activities.
Other products from West Elm are rugs, mirrors, pillows, lighting, storage and bathroom furnishing. Some of these products you can see on the following list:
|Product Category||Material||Price Range|
|Living Room :|
Sofas & Loveseats
Ottomans & Stools
TV & Media Stands
Solid Rubber Wood
Leather Kiln-dried Wood
|$114.99 – $10,695|
|Bed Room :|
Solid Mahogany Wood
|$119.99 – $4,499|
|Dining & Kitchen :|
Bar & Counter Stools
Top Grain Leather
Animal friendly Vegan Leather
Powder Coated Iron
|$125 – $10,929|
|Home Office :|
Tempered Glass Top
Kiln-dried Solid Eucalyptus Wood
Top Grain Leather
|$109 – $5,349|
|Kids Bedroom Furniture :|
|Kiln -dried Solid|
Real Wood Veneers
|$699 – $749|
Pros and Cons
Some shoppers feel satisfied with the furniture from West Elm, but others feel disappointed with delivery and the perceived quality of their product.
So, what are the pros and cons of West Elm furniture?
The Pros of West Elm Furniture
Here are some pros of West Elm furniture :
- Products like upholstered furniture, including sofas and chairs, are made-to-order furniture. Therefore, you can choose one of the available fabrics in many color options to be applied to your custom sofa/chair.
- The material wood is solid or engineered wood.
- The most important thing about this product is the commitment to maintaining a sustainable environment. Therefore, this product has many certifications for these issues, such as Greenguard Gold Certified, FSC certified and organic.
- This product is also handcrafted furniture.
- Available in many variants of the product, ranging from rugs and lighting to furniture.
- West Elm also provides a 3D room planner to help you know whether your choice is suitable for your room or not.
- You can consult with a home decor specialist to have a free design service. You can even do this by phone or through a virtual meeting.
- West Elm gives rewards to their customers that use credit cards in transactions.
- There is specialized kid’s furniture such as baby bedding, playroom furniture and rugs.
Cons of West Elm Furniture Reviews
Here are some cons of West Elm furniture :
- This product is high-end furniture, so the price is high.
- No free shipping rate.
- In some cases, delays happened in the shipping process.
- Some shoppers complain about the perceived quality vs. high price.
West Elm Furniture Durability
Most of this wooden furniture is made from kiln-dried solid and engineered wood, so the durability is average. So is longevity.
West Elm Furniture Delivery
There are three types of shipping services that West Elm offers :
- Your package in large size with an unlimited number will still be delivered to your home at a flat rate. But If you still object to the cost, you can request that the packaging be sent to the store that is closest to your location. So you can pick it up yourself.
- If you choose the White Glove service, a professional delivery team will deliver your package to your room. Your order will be unboxed and fully assembled by the team.
West Elm allows customers to return the product because of damaged or defective products. And then you can return within 30 days after you receive the package.
To request this return for a refund, you need to contact customer care of West Elm. But make sure that you have proof of order placement.
The return policy is just valid for eligible products. The following list contains ineligible products:
- Monogrammed item
- Made-to-order furniture
- Final sale item (with price ending in $ .97 or & .99)
- Robin mattresses and foundations
- Normal usage and tear that cause damage to products
- Gift cards
With these West Elm furniture reviews, you’ll come to the conclusion that if you want furniture that is a sustainable product, you can choose this one. Although the price is high, you get modern style furniture with excellent quality, and it’s safe to use.