If you are thinking about buying an upright vacuum simply because you like the design then, knowing some of the candidates for the best upright vacuum can be quite helpful.
With the many different vacuum types out there (the robotic, the handheld, the stick, the canister, etc), narrowing down your option to a particular device can be a problem.
However, the upright vacuum has been the top favorite list for these years, and it happens for some good reasons, naturally.
So, what are the options you have?
And what brands are available to deliver top-notch performance and quality?
The Beginning Option
Before you march to the store to buy the best upright vacuum, you need to remember that the decision of buying a vacuum depends on the type of floor you have.
The upright vacuum would be an ideal option if:
- You have floors that are dominantly covered in carpets. You see, upright vacuums are superior when it comes to suctioning power. And the vacuum has several levels perfect for removing dirt from the carpet. If you have the combination of carpet and hardwood floor, then choose the one with adaptable head, which you can use from one floor to another one.
- You need to remember that most upright vacuums are heavier than the canister types.
- The vacuum would be perfect if you don’t have many tricky (complicated) spaces and too many stairs. When it comes to maneuvering, canister vacuum is easier to manage than the upright type. But you may re-consider it if you come across an upright vacuum with various hose and wand attachments, allowing you to vacuum stairs or reach out to difficult areas easily.
The Best Upright Vacuum in Overall Performance – Shark Professional Rotator Lift-Away Vacuum
Shark is considered a new comer in the industry because the brand has ‘just’ launched their products and brand in 1995.
However, because of the quality of the craftsmanship, the vacuum products (as well as other household appliances) have become popular, especially in the US.
Read Also: Dirt Devil Spot Scrubber Review
The company always comes up with new innovation and cutting edge technologies. Their Rotator series are some of the lines with sophisticated and advanced systems.
The bagless Rotator Professional is one of the best. The price is mid-range but with top-range performance and quality.
The reasons why it is considered one of the best upright vacuum are:
- It comes with Anti-Allergen Complete Seal (a technology designed by Shark itself) along HEPA filter. The combination is able to trap 99% of the allergens and dust within the machine, which makes it perfect for those with allergies.
- It has Lift-Away system so you are able to convert the upright model into a canister model without a fuss. This is handy when you have to clean tricky spaces, upholstery, and stairs.
- The vacuum has swivel steering that is super smooth and super convenient to use. Controlling and maneuvering the machine around the furniture would be a breeze.
- It comes with a long power cord, up to 30 feet. Not to mention that it also comes with extendable hose up to 8.4 feet. The machine’s dust cup capacity is pretty big. It can hold up to 1.4 liters or around 1.3 quarts.
- The kit includes power brush attachment (for the pet hair), crevice tool, and a dusting brush.
- From most reviews, users like the integrated hooks that can be used to wind on the power cord.
- It has a limited 5-year warranty.
Be advised, though, that it is 15.5 pounds of weight, which means that it isn’t the lightest upright vacuum on the market.
But rest assured that the machine is able to deliver the most satisfying performance and quality.
The Best High-End Upright Vacuum – Dyson Animal 2 Ball
This second generation of Dyson Ball Animal is included within the best upright vacuum list for many (positive) reasons.
The price range may be high but you won’t have to worry about performance or quality at all. The brand comes with impressive quality and contemporary aesthetic.
The reasons to love this one are:
- The vacuum has self-adjusting mechanism. You can glide easily from hardwood to tile to vinyl and then to carpet (it doesn’t have to be in that order) without drama or fuss.
- It has exceptional stable gravity center as well as maneuvering ability.
- The device has quite big dust capacity up to 2 liters or 1.8 quarts. The power cord is super long, up to 35 foot in length.
- It has HEPA whole-machine sealed filtration system that makes sure that any allergens and dust won’t escape after being sucked in.
- It has an instant release hose and wand to tackle stairs, reach under the furniture easily, and to reach up high.
- The kit includes a turbine tool (specially designed) to remove pet hair from upholstery and carpets. It also includes an additional stair tool and a combination of brush tool.
- It comes with 5-year warranty for labor and parts.
However, this is another heavy machine with 17.35 pounds of weight. Moreover, it isn’t the machine with the strongest suction although they may claim it that way.
But rest assured that it has strong suction power that will be handy to clean up the house in no time!
The Best Mid-Priced Upright Vacuum – Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind
Whereas the previous machines are priced not less than $300, this is a good priced vacuum less than $150. This bagless machine comes with sleek design.
What’s interesting is the fact that it has 3 different color options: light gray and green, red and brown/gray, and dark gray and cobalt blue.
For residential purpose, this brand and line is considered one of the best upright vacuum products because of the overall performance and quality.
The things to like about this machine are:
- It has no-scuff bumper and it is super handy to protect the furniture against the bump (to this machine). If you often vacuum in a hurry, you will definitely need it.
- It has integrated HEPA filter within that will deal with allergens and dust quite effectively.
- The machine has its own height adjustment system, allowing you to change the brush settings manually to five positions. The lowest one is for bare floors and carpets, while the higher ones are for deep pile of carpet. This is a handy feature if you have different flooring types at home.
- The vacuum comes with extension hose and wand (the hose can extend to 8 feet) that can be used to clean the stairs and to reach down under the furniture.
- The cleaning kit includes dusting/upholstery brush, a powered hand tool, and a crevice tool.
- The cord has its own automatic rewind system, which is handy because you won’t have to deal with the cord folding it up and trying to make it neat.
However, the machine is quite heavy although not as heavy as Dyson. With 16.5 pounds, it is quite a load.
Not to mention that the power cord is shorter when compared to others only 25 feet. And the warranty is only limited 2-year type
If you dislike the idea of having to deal with heavy machines, then this Shark Navigator is more suitable for you.
As one of the best upright vacuum, this machine only comes in 10.6 pounds and you won’t have to worry that the performance would be compromised.
The likable features about this machine are:
- It isn’t only the lightest upright vacuum, but also the most compact and smallest one. If you have limited space for storage or you live in an apartment, this would be the perfect cleaning tool.
- It comes with various different settings, including for carpets and bare floors.
- It has attached hose and wand for difficult-to-reach areas. You can find an upholstery brush/a pet hair brush and a combination of dusting brush and crevice tool in the kit.
- It comes with limited 5-year warranty.
On the other hand, it does have some limitations. For a starter, the dust cup is relatively small because of the compact size. But with 1 liter or 0.9 quarts of capacity, it should be enough.
Moreover, the machine doesn’t have integrated or in-built HEPA filtration system, so this won’t be the perfect option for those with allergies.
The Best Budget Upright Vacuum – Bissell Compact Aeroswift Bagless Corded Vacuum
The price is one of the reasons why this machine is included in the best upright vacuum list.
Of course, there are also many contributing factors that speak volume of its quality and performance.
Coming from trusted and popular brand, being able to buy a machine not more than $80 is a true bargain, and the power is just the same as other pricier brands.
Be advised, though, that this vacuum is created for light residential cleaning purpose. For many households, this one has done a good job.
However, if you have to vacuum the house on a daily basis or you need to deal with pet hair constantly, then this one may not be the best pick.
The favorable features are:
- The vacuum has a nice overall weight at around 12 pounds. The power cord is 30 foot with the wand and hose attachment stretching up to 10 feet. It’s impressive!
- The vacuum has a nice and easy dust cup release so you won’t have to struggle hard whenever you want to empty it.
- It encourages easy use and not-too-clunky arrangement. Yes, it may not have any streamlined steering control, but it also supports lighter operation, so it is a great deal for everyone.
- The kit includes a wand and a hose, along with crevice tool, Bissell TurboBrush (for the pet hair), upholstery tool, and a dusting brush.
On the downside, though, the dust cup isn’t big because of the lightweight design. But a liter of capacity should be enough for effective overall cleaning.
In the end, the decision of which upright vacuum and the best upright vacuum used on the house depends on your needs and the condition of the house.
You should be true and be honest about everything so you won’t make mistakes in choosing the right device.
With these promising candidates, you shouldn’t have any issue or whatsoever when you have to pick the best upright vacuum for your needs.
Table of Contents